Continuing on from where I left off last time, the beer had fermented for just over three weeks when I began to prepare it for bottling. I started by moving the carboy into my cold garage for about 48 hours in order to cold crash it. Once that was over I added about 1/2 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin to 1/2 cup of water, raised its temperature to around 170F / 76.7C and added it to the cold crashed beer. After another 48 hours I finally went to bottle it.
The final gravity (FG) reading was 1.006 which, when combined with my original gravity (OG) of 1.054, gave me an estimated ABV of 6.3%.
I mixed up my priming sugar into my bottling bucket and siphoned the beer from the carboy on top of it. I then slowly stirred it up to mix it thoroughly.
Other than a moment of panic half way through when my bottle capper decided to jam up on me everything when perfectly smooth.
Now to count down the days until I can taste this batch…
Follow this brew story: